Thank you for your interest in our website. In the following, we will inform you in detail about the processing of personal data when using this website. Personal data means all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address or user behavior.
Who is responsible for data processing?
The service provider and party responsible for processing personal data (“controller”) is Petlypaws, 1652 West Texas St., Suite 121, Fairfield, California, USA.
If you have any questions about the collection, processing, or usage of data; if you have requests for information, correction, disabling or deletion of data; or if you want to revoke a previously given consent; or if you want to object to the usage of your information for advertising purposes, please use the settings provided in your account’s user area, or else contact us at one of the following addresses:
To note, our site may include links to other web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of petlypaws. Because the use of your information is governed by their privacy policies, we encourage you to read each policy carefully. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of any third party website or service.
1. Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us. “Personal Information” means information that alone or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you. The Personal Information we collect will be different depending on your activities on the petlypaws Service. For example, If you make a purchase through the petlypaws Service, we will collect your name, email address, shipping address and payment information such as credit card number and billing address.
We may also collect Personal Information you provide about other people, such as their name and physical address (for example, when we ship a gift at your request). This Personal Information is used for the sole purpose of completing your request.
petlypaws Tools. “Performance Information” means information we collect through certain tools that we provide to our sellers. Where a seller requests the use of a particular tool (e.g. an advertising analytics tool for use with ad platforms), then petlypaws will collect additional data based on the operation of that tool (e.g. advertising conversion information from the applicable ad platform).
Blog. The petlypaws Service may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Single Sign-On. You can log into the petlypaws Service using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the petlypaws Service to your profile page to share with others within your network.
2. How We Use Your Information
In general, we use Personal Information to provide the petlypaws Service to you, including, to establish and administer your account, to fulfill your order and send you an order confirmation, to pay you any royalties earned and to respond to customer service requests.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not opt-out of the transactional emails petlypaws sends in connection with your use of the petlypaws Service (e.g. email notification of individual account activity, such as shipment of an order, or broader account notifications such as changes to petlypaws’s policies).
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here.
We use Performance Information to analyze and better understand the characteristics of successful offerings and campaigns and to improve the performance of our sellers and the overall petlypaws Service.
petlypaws does not collect Personal Information about your online activities over time, across different web sites. Accordingly, petlypaws does not currently respond to “do not track” browser requests.
3. Information Sharing
We will share information we collect, including your Personal Information, as needed to provide the petlypaws Service to you. We will also share your Personal Information with your permission. Otherwise, we do not rent, sell or share your Personal Information with third parties and specifically will not share your Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Sellers. We may share aggregate, anonymized Site Information, Performance Information or other information with our sellers to help them improve their performance through the petlypaws Services. We will not share Personal Information with our sellers without your express consent.
Strategic Partners. We may share aggregate, anonymized data with certain marketing and content licensing partners. Where a partner or agency compensates sellers directly, we will also share performance data with the partner to enable those payments.
Vendors and Service Providers. To provide you with the petlypaws Service, we share information, including Personal Information, with third party vendors and service providers. For example, we provide Personal Information to companies that help us with our business activities, such as marketing, payment processing and fulfillment. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure those companies use your Personal Information only as necessary.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. In certain situations, petlypaws may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting law enforcement requirements. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests, such as a court order or subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others. Specifically, we may disclose your information to a complainant who alleges that your activities have violated their rights or policies (e.g. where your campaign or advertisement is the subject of an investigation). We may also disclose your information where you have alleged violation of your rights by another party.
Merger, Sale or Other Asset Transfers. If petlypaws is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
4. Manage Your Information
Upon request petlypaws will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you would like to update or modify any Personal Information you have provided to us, you can do so in the account settings tab of your dashboard or by contacting us. For your protection, we will require some proof of your identity to obtain any Personal Information hosted on our site. Additionally, you may deactivate your account by contacting us. At your request, we will remove your Personal Information, provided we have no outstanding business or other obligation requiring such information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
5. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age without parental consent, and no part of the petlypaws Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com.
6. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to ensure that it is treated accordingly. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information provided to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the petlypaws Service. If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the petlypaws Service or by sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (ie, to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
8. Privacy Statement for California Residents
a) The California Consumer Privacy Act
This privacy statement supplements the information contained above and applies solely to “consumers” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)). All terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section. For example, “consumer” means a California resident, and “personal information” means “information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device” but does not include “publicly available,” “de-identified,” or “aggregated” information. In this section, “you” refers only to California residents.
b) Consumer Rights
Consumers have the following rights under the CCPA:
• The right to request that a business disclose the categories of personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells about the consumer.
• The right to request the deletion of personal information collected or maintained by a business.
• The right to request that a business disclose the categories of sources for personal information collection.
• The right to request that a business disclose the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
• The right to request that a business disclose the categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
• The right to request that a business disclose to the consumer the specific pieces of personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells about that consumer (or any member of the consumer’s household).
• If a business discloses personal information for a business purpose, the right to request that a business disclose the categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom personal information was disclosed for a business purpose.
• If the business sells personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration, the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by a business. This is the so-called “right to opt-out.”
• The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by a business for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
• The right to make requests under the CCPA by using an authorized agent designated by the consumer.
c) Our Personal Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
We collect and disclose personal information for the following business purposes.
• Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers, Internet and Network Activity
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers, Internet and Network Activity
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Personal Information Categories: Internet and Network Activity
• Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer's experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers, Commercial Information, Internet and Network Activity
• Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers, Personal Information as defined by CA Customer Records Law, Commercial Information
• Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
Personal Information Categories: : Identifiers,Commercial Information,Internet and Network Activity
• Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers,Commercial Information,Internet and Network Activity.
We collect and disclose personal information for the following commercial purposes.
• To observe how our website is used.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers,Commercial Information, Internet and Network Activity
• To evaluate the website, optimize it, and make it more user-friendly.
Personal Information Categories: Commercial Information, Internet and Network Activity
• To comply with various legal obligations, for example tax reporting laws.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers, Personal Information as Defined by CA Customer Records Law, Commercial Information
• To provide you with email advertisements, newsletters, and other similar content; and to evaluate these efforts.
Personal Information Categories: Identifiers, Internet and Network Activity, Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information
10. Contact Information:
1652 West Texas St., Suite 121,
Fairfield, California, USA